Thursday, June 4, 2009

CONCENTRATION ZONE! (weird email from weird co-worker)

To: Staff
Subject: Don't poke the rattlesnake...

---

Hey, Guys! Most of you here in the Portland office no doubt have noticed that I keep my door closed a lot. Do not be discouraged! It just so happens that I'm very bad at tuning out noises (hence, my annoying propensity for eaves dropping & jumping into other people's conversations) and need to be in a more quiet space to do my work. Well, either that or I've got some tunes cranked and don't want to disturb others.

Anyway, for your convenience there is a sign in the window to the right of my door that says either "Welcome" on the bluish green side or "Concentration Zone" on the red side. Most of the time, the Welcome sign will be displayed and that means "Come on in!" For those of you that prefer color coding, just remember Green means Go! I will try to have the Welcome sign displayed most all of the time and you don't have to knock or worry about interrupting me--truly do just come on in.

On the other hand, if the Concentration Zone sign is up, please acknowledge that I am working on something so critical that I cannot be interrupted. Please DO NOT interrupt me when this sign is up--I promise that it will only be up if I really can't be disturbed. Red means Stop! Interrupting me at that time is the equivalent of attempting to poke a rattlesnake in the eye with a toothpick. Please feel free to check my calendar and send me an appointment request so we can get together at a different time to chat.

Thank you in advance for paying attention to the signage and do know that I truly enjoy talking with each of you and hope to do so often---just not when I'm in the Concentration Zone!

Have a Fabulous Weekend!

No comments: