Thursday, August 28, 2008

Technology and ME



I'm feeling conflicted. We're having this contest at work and the grand prize is a brand new snazzy iPhone. The contest ends this week and I'm tied for first place at the moment. I can easily win if I put in more effort, and I must say that I do love winning. I really want to beat the crap out of the woman I'm tied with because I'm super competitive with her (and I love watching crap fall out of women). But...I'm conflicted. The iPhone will change my life and I'm not really sure if I want to have it even though they are super cool and snazzy. Do I want to be constantly hooked up to the internet? Do I need GPS on my phone? Do I need to check my email while I'm pooping or buying a slurpee at 7-11? The answer is no, no I don't. I am perfectly happy with my ghetto phone that does not even have a camera or "the Googles" as my web-ignorant colleague would say. I'm old fashioned. Give me an iPhone with a rotary dial, and then I'll be happy. But...do I give up the rare opportunity to win something fo' free? I realize I should not be complaining or whining about this, and most people will want to stab my crotch for not coveting the iPhone with all of my body... but still. I kind of just want to win the contest for the sake of winning. A good old fashioned ass-whooping means more to me than an iPhone. Maybe I'll take the cash equivalent of what an iPhone is worth or donate my iPhone to my favorite homeless person. Who knows.

No comments: