Monday, September 29, 2008

the real world



i just saw mohammed, one of the cast members of the real world san francisco, at my grocery store. i thought it was him, but i was doubting myself because why would mohammed be living in portland now? and how could i possibly recognize him after all these years? but after doing a bit of searching on the googles afterwards (and finding him on facebook), i discovered that he is indeed living in pdx.

i remember when the real world used to be full of intriguing personalities, like mohammed, pedro, and puck. i haven't seriously watched the show in probably 7+ years, but there was a time in my life when i would watch it religiously with my mom and my high school friends. the san francisco cast was always my favorite and my mom and i balled like babies when pedro died. wtf happened to this show? it used to be groundbreaking back in the days when there weren't any other reality tv shows. now it's just full of dumb whores who are all about getting their 15 minutes of fame.

i wish i could somehow tell mohammed all of this, but that would be a bit stalkerish and he was quite busy picking out cereal with his kid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you mean "bawled", not "balled". Or maybe you like to ball with your mom, who knows, maybe you have an ad about it on craigslist.

mel said...

yes, bawled ;)